Tuesday, December 28, 2010

For my Husband

My husband never really ask to much from me, however when we moved into our new home he made it clear that he wanted these vertical blinds down. And QUICK!


I hated these things too!

His request was to keep the system of opening and closing. So I thought I would try putting button holes at the top end of the curtains. It worked!!!

I put 35 button holes about 3.25 inches apart and it works, it really works.

My fabric choice, which was not cheap by any means


a view of all my button holes


The final product.

Show and Tell Green

It is a little longer on the one end, but I am leaving it. I figure it is so close that I don't want to touch it an make it to short. I would be very angry with myself if I made it too short.

We are going to do something with the top, we just have not decided what yet. I also wanted to line the back, but after spending double what I thought I would, I decided to wait and line it at a later date. I figure nobody will see the back anyway.

http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Sumo Sweet Stuffhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g241/summerandrus/Blog%20Graphics/marketyourselfcopy.png"/>

giveaways




3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am not a fan of vertical blinds either. The kids are constantly pulling them down. Grrr! What an awesome solution! I would have never thought to put button holes.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Smart and way better than vertical blinds. I had custom 1970 drapes with hooks in my master bedroom. I used the sliding rod thing like yours and just put the curtain ring clips where the hooks went. I have a big cornice board that was alredy there covering the rod. I love that I can open and close the curtains with the rope pull. I bet you do too!

Mariel@ www.sexymodeststyle.com said...

What a great Idea!
thanks for stopping by
www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com