Our KK (Baby Alive) with her finished diaper.
Tutorial for those band aids coming soon:)
So I was able to keep the functions of Baby Alive hidden for about 6 months. When my daughter found out what she could really do there was no turning back.
Immediately I searched the Internet for a tutorial for diapers specifically for Baby Alive. I came across a tutorial here at this Mama makes stuff but they really were not what I was looking for. Great tutorial and gave the idea for the soaker, but I felt it needed one more thing. I really wanted ones that would hold everything. I ended up trying 2 this way but still things were getting wet, not soaked but wet.
So I thought wait I made diapers for real baby's I'm sure I can just make minuter ones...right?
When my youngest was in diapers I made some for her. I had some materials left over. The most important material was PUL. I traced the diaper that came with Baby Alive. And kept resizing until I got a fit I liked. And I put them together very similar to how I put my daughters together. Now for my daughters I would top stitch the entire way around and I used pocket so I had no stitching around the inside layer. I also had elastic around the back of the diaper. In the real Diapers I also had Velcro or snaps (later on when she discovered how to undo the Velcro) around the entire front.
The one with the elephant is flannel on both sides and much bigger this was my first attempt. The green one is the finale outcome. much smaller and the pul helps with keeping things dry.
A picture of my pattern. it has marking for where to put the elastic the back has longer tabs and marking where to place the soaker. I have no idea how to actually make a printable pattern other wise I would make it anyone who wants it sorry.
The inside layer with soaker stitched down the middle. You probably don't need this much for a soaker but better safe than sorry with green peas on my couch.
After sewing both pieces together right sides facing, leaving a space to turn right side out
Before turning right side out add the elastic starting at the front and back curve
The green is what it looks like after you turn it out prior to making the casting and stitching the top. The yellow is after the casting just down the sides and top closed
Add the Velcro and put on your Baby Alive...Other wise know as KK in our house
This is a view of how big my first one turned out
These are the 3 different sizes I came up with. Ultamitly ending with the one on the top. The second one really isn't all that much smaller but it's the elastic that makes the difference.
The very 1st one see how high it comes up and notice around the legs...not so good.
The last picture diaper nice and low at belly line and nice and snug at legs...Green food stays off mommy's couch