A little while ago maybe a month ago now, I came across a blog that had this sunsuit posted. She was looking for inspiration, but didn't crochet. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make it. I bought it that day, it took a little for me to get started.
So my finished product is no where near the pattern. A few problems I ran into...I crochet loose, very loose and I got this project to do on a ride back to PA (14hours). So when I left I only had the hook that it called for. I still tired to go with it and realized when I had finished the front part of the bloomers it was not going to work. So at that point I made the front, the back. Then I made a casting to put elastic in instead of making the crochet elastic like. Next change was crocheting the front and back pieces together at the seams instead of sewing them. Then I attached the straps a little different.
Things I wish I did different...check my gauge, thinner straps, thinner bloomers. I fully intend to try again, but I think it will wait until the next trip back to PA.
and also make sure she likes it :)
Sumo's Sweet Stuff