Monday, September 20, 2010

Tagged

I was tagged by "A year with mom and dad" to answer questions. How fun!

So I have to answer her 8 questions than tag 8 blogs with questions of my choosing. I am always interested in the women/moms/dads behind the blogs, so why not.

1. What book did you last finish and did you like it? (great question, have to steal it)

I don't get much time to read, if I have free time I run to the craft room. I think the last book I read had to do with my serger. I still am having a hard time figuring it out!

2. What is your go-to meal to make for your family (you know, the favorite, easiest, etc).

I love to make meat balls, for subs. I put mine in the oven for 30 mins and then let them simmer in marinara all day. I usually make more than needed, then freeze for another meal. I don't measure when I cook, but the meals always turn out :)

meatballs:
98% fat free ground beef
Worcestershire sauce
Parmesan cheese
egg
Italian bread crumbs
Italian seasons
provolone cheese
marinara



3. What do you do on weekends, generally?
Weekends are no fun for me. Every one's favorite day is my dreaded day. I work part-time as a RN. I work night shift weekends so we don't have to put or children in day care. We still get to do family activities and have fun, I am just tired and look forward to Mondays.

4. What is your favorite website to visit, read, have fun on?
I was addicted to Swapmama's.com up till about a month ago. I have recently stopped swapping, it was hard for me because the mama's wanted most of my handmade items and not the items I had purchased and no longer use. I couldn't keep up and I stopped making items for my kids. I love the site and the idea, I might start back up but only offer items I no longer use.

5. Do you do crafts or have a hobby? Tell us about it!

I love love to craft! I started after my first daughter was born (now 11yrs). I started with crochet and it wasn't until 3 years ago that I really started to sew. In the past year I sew every chance I get. I love to see something and then try to make it. I usually like what I made better than the item I saw in the store anyway. I am not a designer so most of my items are things I have seen and would like but can't spend the money on. I am getting better about getting my ideas in my head to an actual product. The more I sew the more I learn. The blogging community has helped me in so many ways. All crafting I do is self taught so I am always willing and ready to learn.
6. What is your favorite thing to write on your blog? (Do you have a theme day, favorite post to share, favorite topic?)

I just love to share what I have made, sometimes how I made it and see what others have taken from my idea or if they have a better way to do it.

7. What do you do to de-stress?

I love water, so if I really get overwhelmed (I'm type A) I sit in the hot tub and enjoy quite time

8. Tell your readers something about yourself that we might be surprised to know!
I had my first daughter when I was only 19. Do to being a young mother I put off going to school to take care of her. As a job I drove a 72 passenger school bus. Driving the bus gave me the opportunity to bring her along with me and not rely on anyone else to raise her. When she started school so did I!


Now for the blogs I am tagging:

1.http://www.sofiasworld.org/
2. http://itsgoodfortheheart.blogspot.com/
3.http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com/
4.http://nancyscouture.blogspot.com/
5.http://samstermommy.blogspot.com/
6.http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/
7.http://ohsohappytogether.blogspot.com/
8.http://theadventuresofroryandjess.blogspot.com/

These are the blogs I get a lot of my inspiration from. I reference a lot of blogs however these were the first blogs I stumbled on when I started to blog hop.


I guess I need questions:

1. When did you start blogging?
2. Where do you get your inspiration from?
3. How do you find time to blog?
4. Have you ever gone to a blogger convention?
5. Do you craft? (who taught you to do your craft)
6. Do you have a favorite etsy store?
7. What is your favorite adult activity?
8. What is your favorite activity to do with your children?

I hope everyone enjoys. Thanks for the opportunity

No comments: