Tuesday, August 23, 2011
I was so excited when I saw this growth chart at Topsy Turvy, I couldn't wait to get started. I was a little scared at first, but thought I should just go for it. Then I remembered, wood+Amy= bad results. But I just could not resist trying it.
So off to home depot I went to get my board. I ended up with a 6ftx1ft. My board was a little thicker because of price. I did choose to stain my board, which I do like the end results.
So the hard part, I didn't realize the hard part of placing the numbers and markings in the right spot until I started. With my husbands help I was able to get really close.
I used my silhouette to complete my growth chart. My spacings were 65inches, my lines were 35inches. My foot markings were 4inches, quarter markings were 3inches, and the last marks are 2inches. My husband worked really hard getting it exactly 1 foot of the floor. After I was done I should of ran a tape measure down the board to make sure my markings were right on. Oh well, you live and learn.