Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bike basket






The last step for my little guy's bike was a basket. He wanted a place to put his back pack on the way home from school.

A Lemon Squeezy Home has a great tutorial for both a boy and a girl basket. I have found myself freqenting A Lemon Squezzy Home, I love all of her ideas and the tutorials are easy to follow.
Anyway I used her bike tutorial.

I used her measurements and the cut out, but I did peace it together a little different. I was a little uneasy with the hand sewing since he would be placing items in the basket.

I stitched the 4 outside pieces (Penn State fabric) together, did the same with the inner fabric (plain blue).
Then I placed one inside the other, right sides together, when I stitched around the top to close it I Left open spots at each area that I would insert the hanger piece at with one big enough to turn right side out.
Then I turned it right side out.
From there I stitched down the sides to create a pocket for the hanger and the same for the top front and sides.
When all pieces of the hanger were in I then stitched the holes closed.

I also used snaps


after I fixed the piece that attaches to the bar


This is before I changed the handle..I sewed the piece with the snaps to the back of the basket so it would hang a little higher

1 comment:

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

It looks great! Thank you for sharing it with me!