I liked the dress, but was not sure if it needed some extra work, but since I wanted it for the week, I wore it anyway. To my surprise, I had several people at the park ask me where I got it. When I told them I made it, 2 of them got my information to make them one. So I thought I would leave it just as is.
It really was very simple. I took 1.5 yard of linen fabric sewed it up the side (later found out that you have to, have to serge the seems, it is a must, if you are using linen) . Next I created an elastic casting for the top, then created an elastic casting for the smallest part of my middle. Then I finished my hem. When I thought I was done my husband said it needed some color, so I added a small belt. After wearing it, I think I might add a little slit, for easier walking.