Monday, March 15, 2010

Stocking cap

I made a stocking cap for Savannah for this past winter. Since then I have had several people ask me for one.

This is the first one I completed for someone else. The problem I came across was I made Savannah's as I went, I didn't write anything down and I took it apart 3 times before I came up with the end product. This cap is for about a 1 year old. Savannah is 7 months so it is a little bigger on her. The next one I am working on is for a 10 year old and this time I am writing the pattern down.

It's pretty easy, just easier if you have a pattern to turn to when someone would like you to make another.

I don't write patterns, so if you find a way to make this better feel free to let me know.




I love this picture


Stocking cap

Aprox. Size 1 yr old

Hook g for larger size use a bigger hook

DC- double crochet

ST- stitich

Sl- st slip stitch

Dec- decrease


Row 1: Chain 4, sl stitch into first chain, chain 2

Row 2: 2 DC into each chain, sl st into 1st DC, turn, chain 2

Row 3: DC into same stitch, *2 DC in next st, 1 DC in next st, repeat from *, sl st, turn chain 2

Row 4: DC in same st, DC in each DC around sl st, turn, chain 2, repeat this until you have the hat as long you would like. (my hat rows 4-20)

Row 21: DC in same st, *1 DC next 4 st 2dc next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 22: DC in same st, DC in each st around, sl st, turn chain 2

Row 23: repeat row 22

Row 24: DC in same st, *1 DC next 4 st 2dc next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 25: DC in same st,DC in each st around, sl st, turn chain 2

Row 26: repeat row 25

Row 27: DC in same st, *1 DC next 4 st 2dc next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 28: DC in same st,DC in each st around, sl st, turn chain 2

Row 29: repeat row 28

Row 30: DC in same st, *1 DC next 4 st 2dc next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 31: DC in same st, *1 DC next 5 st 2dc next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 32: DC in same st and in each st, sl st, turn, chain2

Row 33-37: repeat row 32

Row 38: DC in same st, *DC in next 9 st, dec next st, repeat from* sl st, turn, chain2

Row 39: DC in same st, DC in each st around, sl st. finish off.


Make pom pom, sew to top

Straps: cut 2 long strips of 1 color, cut 1 of second color, thread threw row 39, braid, knot.

All done.

I made this as I went along, there is nothing precise about the pattern just something that worked for me. If you have any question, let me know and I will help you out.

No comments: